Monday, May 16, 2011

The Scars On My Skin - PART 2

Keamogetsi joseph MOLAPONG
It was an experience worth repeating during The Scars On My Skin - PART 1, in March 2011. Had a night of poetry, drumming and cultural performance. An appreciative audience and a venue that  suited a recital of poetry that was meant to move minds.  When I was putting the show together it seemed like a task larger than a single poet but with the hour drawing closer, I realized that, I need to fill and expectation I created prior to the show. And Yes, the hours became minute and quickly turned into seconds before my master of ceremony announced the start and I took the stage and liked what I felt. My heart provided the rhythm and my mind danced to the vibe of expectation.

Chris Eiseb on Drums
After a performance of more than an hour, I was all sweaty and light hearted. Enjoyed myself beyond expectation. The night turned out to be a major success and I was a happy man who just completed a task meant for a group of poets. And yes, it was not a story or a dream. I was on stage, armed with a mic and facing a lively audience.
The Cultural Group

I have started conceptualizing The Scars On My Skin - PART 2 and from the little I have worked on, it is going to be a greater show and I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts with an audience. The When, How, Where and Etc, will be available with time.

In the mean time, I am invited to a couple of events to read, recite and share my poetry. Within the next three months, I will face another audiences in Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe. 

David Ndjavera the MC
Come Talk Your Heart Publication
Makgona Ngwao Cultural Group

No comments:

Post a Comment